This recipe pulls tantalizing flavor from rosemary, garlic and pepper. Broiling is a healthy cooking method since it doesn’t require that you add fat. Remember to trim any visible fat from the meat before cooking.
- 8 (4oz) loin lamb chops, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat broiler. Generously pierce lamb chops with fork. Place in shallow dish; add wine. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to marinate.
- In a small bowl combine Worcestershire sauce, rosemary and garlic; mix well. Set aside.
- Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Place lamb on broiler pan. Spoon half of sauce mixture evenly over chops; sprinkle generously with pepper. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- Turn chops. Spoon remaining sauce over lamb; sprinkle with pepper. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or to desired doneness. Sprinkle lamb with salt.
One serving equals:
- 190 calories9g fat
- 1g carbohydrate
- 0g fiber
- 26g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers. SHARE!