Eat too much refined sugar and you’re headed for obesity and a host of diseases. So what should you do with that sweet tooth of yours? Turn to nature’s candy: fresh fruit. This dessert is very simple, and oh-so-sweet. Use fresh, local, organic fruit for optimal taste and nutrition. I included a few of my favorite fruits in the recipe below, but get creative and add what you want. Don’t leave out the mint!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 small watermelon, chopped
- 1 cantaloupe, seeded and chopped
- 1 mango, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, minced or whole
- Chop the fruit into small, uniform cubes. Combine the ingredients in a large bowl, then scoop into small cups. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 127 calories, 1g fat, 33mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 3g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the links below to share this newsletter.