This wrap is delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s ready in a flash, tastes amazing, and is filled with lean protein, veggies and whole sprouted grains. Try it today, and don’t be surprised if you get hooked!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil2 Tablespoons pesto*
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup egg whites
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 sprouted grain tortillas
- 2 tablespoons pesto*
*Pesto may be purchased pre-made or homemade. Combine ½ cup walnuts, 2 cups basil leaves, 2 cloves garlic, ¼ cup olive oil, and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice in a food processor and blend until it becomes a paste.
- Spread a tablespoon of pesto over each tortilla and set aside.
- In medium sized skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until golden. Add the tomato and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until it is soft and wilted. Remove the veggies from skillet, set aside in a bowl.
- Pour the egg whites into the skillet, season with salt and pepper. Cook until the egg is no longer runny.
- Arrange half of the egg whites in a line down the center of each tortilla. Top with half of the veggies and then fold the ends up and wrap like a burrito.
Get creative and add your favorites, like feta cheese, avocados or tomatoes . You could also create a different variation, like using grilled chicken instead of eggs for lunch!
One serving equals:
- 288 calories
- 10g fat
- 28g carbohydrate
- 6g fiber
- 21g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers. SHARE!